I passed the Mid-Term Evaluations yaaay!!. Thanks to my mentor David King for so much all through the previous 2 months. I promise to deliver even better in the coming months.
Ok, so lets see what I have done in the past week.
- I have done many bug fixes.
- Implemented the Refresh Operation.
- David and I decided to change the whole GUI making it more simpler. Replaced all the tabs with just buttons. That make the GUI really simple. And now user can do search with just one click, instead of two.
- By default, the type of entity to be searched will be “Album”.
Currently, I am working on “Apply TAGs” feature and I hope it to complete it within a day or two and then will do some coding style improvements.
We got some problems with Automatic Search as it relies on FreeDB or CDDB search. Searching FreeDB database in MusicBrainz through MusicBranz FreeDB Gateway gives expected results but not through MusicBrainz WebService :(. So, we decided to leave Automatic Search. If possible I will convert current Automatic Search code to use MusicBrainz Web Service methods.